Old 05-21-2017, 02:27 AM
daveesrt6
Forum Regular
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: installed new alarm siren and no chirp or alarm

Originally Posted by bhindzioncurtain
I read up a little on the CLP/SSM and wonder if that is the noise I hear from the rear of the car. Everytime I lock or unlock the car there is a weird sound, it lasts about 8 seconds when I arm and about 14 seconds when I disarm the car. Kind of sounds like air being let out of something.
A few months back I had that very noise same too , i checked under the module in the trunk and there was evidence of water ingress so i resealed the spoiler and no water since (thanks 180 et all).
The Module itself looked fine so i just put it back in an magically the that noise did not happen again.
I did read here somewhere that there is a valve inside the module that shuts the air on and off and that it can get sticky. Maybe dampness can cause it? .

Anyway that was months ago and no more noises from the back but Today i was driving and the siren went off !!
I pulled over and did a lock /unlock and that shut it up ! ?, but when i got home i found i could arm the alarm ,reach in thru the window and open the door and all that happened was the were lights flashing but no siren squealing ??
Do i need a new siren now ? or is it just the 2 x3.7v batteries in the siren that need replacing ?
any advice welcome .
thanks

Last edited by daveesrt6; 05-21-2017 at 02:29 AM.