View Single Post
Old 07-26-2006, 06:45 PM
HDDP
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Kleeman ECU upgrade dyno sheet

Originally Posted by MAYAman
I want to know that from your experience do pulleys do anything at all? Because there is a set available from Kleeman that goes with this ECU upgrade but I don't think they have dyno sheet for it. Together that would be nice.

And how is a crossfire putting down 160 hp at the wheels, that is just insane. There have been Porsche 944S2 dynoed and have put down 180 to 185 at the wheels and those cars have 208 hp stock. There can't be that much driveline loss in the Xfire can there?

HDDP check this out, this comes from the Startech catalog. Is this HP numbers possible with these upgrades like they claim?

STARTECH ST6 performance kit

Including: STARTECH special camshafts with special valve springs.

Performance tuning to 171 kW / 233 hp.

STARTECH ST6 S performance kit

Including: STARTECH special camshafts with special valve springs, STARTECH metal-bed catalysators and STARTECH sport rear silencer.

Performance tuning to 179 kW / 243 hp.
I honestly don't know if pulleys do anything... IMO it seems far fetched that a set of under drive pulleys would increase HP that much, but you never know...

I was basing the 160 hp stock dyno on Woody's dyno results and my dyno results which showed max HP at 4,800 +/- rpm then flattening out before the engine cut-out at 5,000 rpm. But, now I'm seeing from the Kleeman CLK320 dyno that the HP flattens from 4,900 to 5,200 then increases again till about 5,800 rpm.

If you take a look at our independent dyno's, you'll see what I'm talkin about.

I'm thinking that the Kleeman dyno results are more viable than those that we did, because they actually had a mercedes 112 engine that would reach redline on a dyno...

One thing I know for sure, is that you cannot do a full redline dyno on a Crossfire without the engine cutting at 5,000 rpm. The factory reps. can't even figure it out...

So basically the only dyno's we have that I'm sure were done on a Crossfire are Woody's showing a max HP of 156 (stock) and mine showing 184 (modified) hp at the wheels. Which both engines cut-out at 5,000 rpm on the dyno.

Last edited by HDDP; 07-26-2006 at 06:51 PM.