Old 06-01-2017, 02:50 PM
garjoe05
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: How to Repair Relay Control Module (RCM) - (Mystery no Start)

Got stranded for a few minutes today until the problem fixed itself. Turned the key and no crank.
After removing key a few times, opening/closing doors, locking/unlocking doors, and just waiting about 5 or 10 minutes, the car cranked over like normal.

Did not ready this lengthy thread for all the symptoms, but here's what I THINK I observed happening.

Lights on dash worked. Didn't notice if I heard fuel pump. Door locks worked, I was able one time to move the automatic out of park, but another time I could not. (I may be mistaken here, and forgot to turn the key, but I think that was the case).
I noticed the spoiler light would come on or flash on the dash, but it was in the down position.
My outside temperature was saying something really high, like 113 degrees, but it was not that hot outside. Maybe that's an engine bay temperature when the car is sitting ? I heard the fan under the hood run at least one of the times I turned the car to the crank and on position.

I only have the car 3 or 4 months, and this is the first this has happened. I've already been through the sticky key problem, that happened without any warning and before I even knew about that problem.

I'm hoping I can drive today and tomorrow without having to work on it, and do the RCM fix this weekend. And I'll check the battery, cables should be tight since I had them off for the sticky key fix. I'll provide an update.

Last edited by garjoe05; 06-01-2017 at 02:53 PM.