View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 01:37 PM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: Brake Caliper Covers

Originally Posted by JEFASOLD
It's still morning and my mind is still sharp. I detect a note of sarcasm there, along with a bit of humor, both are appreciated. I'm not disagreeing with any of the comments and while somewhat a purist, I still like the clean look. I put my covers on before I went to ceramic brakes, to keep the dust to a minimum and just liked the look. Now, with the wrapping of some parts with CF film, it would be easy to do the covers, just to see if I like it. I'm not against any cosmetic work to individualize your car, as long as it's not idiotic. I would like to meet all the guys some day.
I am a purist but do not mind mods with benefits or to improve the look of the car. I have not seen one grille that improves the original, the best of them in my mind would be the Zunsport grille, trouble is you can see right through them. The worst are the so called billet grilles, the word billet is used seemingly to raise the quality of the grille, but billet is the common name for stock bars available off the shelf.
I actually have some Mercedes front calipers made by Brembo, I just have not put them on. I am going to refinish them, the big question is should I stick on Brembo or Mercedes decals or leave them as they were?
I can see them making the brakes spongier.

Last edited by onehundred80; 06-27-2017 at 01:44 PM.