View Single Post
Old 06-29-2017, 11:57 AM
JEFASOLD
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: mystery sound in my coupe's behind

Originally Posted by charles921545
Hi to all: i'm a newbie here so please bear with me, ..Anyway, I recently purchased a 2004 crossfire, 2 months ago, and i've replaced front bearings, leaky seal, on p. steering unit, shocks (all 4),and that's it. I did the shocks, but since i finished the rear shocks, it may be a coinscidence, but now i have this random banging sound , in the rear of my car.its like if i had a spare tire compasrtment, with no tire, but the chain keeps banging back and forth.Sometimes when i hit a bump,when turning, well, its hard to pinpoint when and if it sounds off, or not. at first i thought the exhaust tips, but they're pretty dam secure. they have a little movement, but upon testing them to see if they're maybe too much play, i dont see noway they couild be hitting the body, back there. is there an empty space below the jack, and flat tire area, that i'm unaware of.. Cuz like i said, the car is new to me, and i'm just kinda lost with it.. I'e never had a car with a rear axle like this. These cars are a special breed. Everytime i open, owners manual, i learn so much abouit this car, and all the little , these and those, things in my car.. I'll stop for now, i'm getting off the suject at hand. But please if any of you guys oiut there, have any siggestions, advice, anything at all, please send it..it'd be much appreciated.. pre-thanx to all. charles921545
Generally speaking, if you do something to the car and then you have a noise that was not previously present, go back to your work to find the culprit. Check everything that was changed or moved, tightened, loosened, etc. Don't over complicate things, they are usually simple.