Old 07-09-2017, 11:37 AM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: Need Help Deciding on Offer for 2005 Limited coupe

Originally Posted by CBISJN
Thanks to everyone who has responded so far....I appreciate it.

I still don't know if the offer this guy has for $13,400 is legit, or if he is just saying that to get me to offer a higher price. He had it on eBay with a starting bid of 10k, which he did have one bidder on, but the reserve of 13k was not met.

I was going to offer him 11k, take it or leave it, but now with the question about the different color on the door I am more concerned than I was before. It begs the question, why would someone paint the entire car a different color if there was an accident or damage that required body work. Why wouldn't they just paint whatever damage there was with the same color?

The car check site he had listed on his eBay post came back clean but I suppose if there was an accident and it was fixed by someone he knew, who wouldn't report it, then it would slip through the car fax check? Now that the auction is over, that link is no longer available. I don't remember seeing the color on the report though.

When I did a VIN check online it showed all was good, but I don't remember the VIN giving the color of the car? I'm not going to pay for a car fax report if it doesn't show the color.

VIN - 1C3AN69LX5X029840

Appreciate the feedback.

My close friend Felix from Pittsburgh suggested I visit this site to ask these questions, he was right when he said you are all very helpful. He traded in his 04 Roadster back in 2013 for a different car but he remembered this site and suggested it.
You can get a good SRT6 for the money he is asking. Forget this car and move on. Plenty more fish in the ocean.