View Single Post
Old 07-31-2006, 12:57 PM
Sennaspirit
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: 0-60 in 4 flat and 50 mpg

Truly a great story on many levels...depressing too. Those of us who recall the 2 fuel problems of the seventies, probably also remember there were a few individuals who went out and made mods to their vehicles resulting in significant increases in fuel efficiency. Remember the guy who drove from Florida to DC, right up to the steps of the Capital building on a single tank of gas with, as he put it, a simple modification to the carb system? They all disappeared into thin air. 30 years later, here we are again. Hopefully we aren't stupid enough to think that this problem is going to "go away" this time.

Is there any real link between car companies and oil companies...I've never subscribed to that theory myself. I just assumed that between the cost of development and the markets apparent willingness to suffer available mileage capabilities, the automakers had little incentive to seriously innovate in the area of fuel efficiency, anyone have insight on validity of this claim?

I'm actually more impressed with the instructor and these kids. That was a pretty sharp looking vehicle. Love the front suspension poking up through the front end.

Bravo West Philadelphia High.