View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 05:59 PM
Barbarasouix
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Re: Infinity Stereo not powering on

Bought the Kenwood KMR-M318BT and it just does not sound very good. My hubby who isn't a wire or electronic type of guy installed it fast and impatiently but he did do it so I appreciate that. I took my car to the local rip off junction and he told me I need new tweeters new speakers for the doors new subs and a new amp. Now I don't understand how all these thing can require replacement at the same time that HU kicked that same bucket. I had very good sound before my stereo just had a sudden death. The new unit seems to have sound coming from all music holes except the small round one of the driver door. It's just doesn't sound very good. I have the new radio pulled to try and hook up my microphone. Can anyone please tell me if there's anything I can look for that might explain the low quality sound while I'm in there? Thank you
Also I have a set of navigation Cd's that came with my car the navigation user manual and my original infinity stereo.
I was wondering if I should keep it and but a used stereo like the one that quit? Or maybe ebay them off to get any of these things it seems I have to purchase to make my stereo sound good.
I recognize I lack the knowledge to figure out what's wrong and I have a learning disability so things take longer for me to do. So please if anyone has the time I appreciate it and thank you again

Last edited by Barbarasouix; 09-27-2017 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Add additional info