Old 10-09-2017, 02:08 PM
ursula2005
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Sticky Ignition Key Fix for all Crossfires 2004 thru 2006

so i guess the reason for the sticky key is when the key blade becomes a bit dull when the key slips into the ignition some of the pins (tumble) which are supposed to be suppressed when the key slides in are not due to the blade being dull? so wouldn't the fix be buying a new key? i called around they are still expensive! i found an oem key on eBay and all the numbers match on my current key it just needs to be cut? people are saying that keys are programmed from the deal with the vin so the ring sensor will let the anti theft start the engine? how hard is it to just buy a key off ebay and cut it then transplant the guts into the new fob? is that possible? should i just eat the 200 bucks from the dealer and get the new key? would the new key still be sticking or would it resolve the sticky ignition? my issue is sometimes the key wont turn in the ignition at all. it happened once recently and i almost **** myself. lemme know cause if i can fix this with a new key, id rather buy a new key and not a new ignition tumbler? thank you crossfire gods!
p.s. i have done research with the crossfire/benz forum and got mixed messages. recently i read that a car can have up to 8 keys stored on its memory then will have to be cleared by the STAR. so is a new key really made for the vin or could i just buy a blank get it cut and have the computer just store it? 100. vs. 200.? if the new key would fix my issue i would just cave and get the key from the dealer.