View Single Post
Old 10-10-2017, 06:36 AM
dedwards0323
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts
Default Re: Valve cover leak...

Originally Posted by alexdc
So I just took the covers off today. The breather hoses were a pain to remove. I didn't use any tool to remove them. I accidently broke the one close to the oil cap on the driver's side. Where can I get one? Does anyone know the part number.

There's what seems to be a power steering line in the way above the driver's side valve cover. Did you guys remove that? I don't see how I will be able to put this back in if it's in the way.

Thank you guys. I would really appreciate some help and guidance. I think I should have bought the service manual. It would have been precise and clear.
You can find all (I think) of the Crankcase Ventilation Breather hoses at this webpage in Pelican Parts: Click. Or you can do what Pizzaguy suggested and use standard vacuum hose with clamps. Lots of us do that vacuum hose replacement similarly.

You'll learn that you can find nearly everything for the powertrain by looking up the part for a Mercedes-Benz SLK320, 1999-2004 model years (I always use 2004), or the M-B SLK32 AMG if you have the 2005/2006 Crossfire SRT-6.

I don't recall having to remove that fuel line you referenced as being in the way. Been a few years since I made that breather cover repair, but I don't think I removed any of the hoses. (Note: I didn't need to remove the Valve Covers when I repaired the leaking Breather Covers.)

Last edited by dedwards0323; 10-10-2017 at 06:52 AM.