View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 06:20 AM
River
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission problem?

Hi, I've had my crossfire 2004 automatic for roughly just over 4 weeks now. It's been running great so far but yesterday it developed a sudden problem with its transmission I believe.

- On cold the car runs great and fine as it should
5 mins of running as the engine begins to get warm
- after 5 mins of running the engine or transmission starts making a loud whining sound as I build the revs up, this also happens when in parked mode and also in neutral. The worst is yet to come, when I was driving home from work after noticing these symptoms the car decided to stay stuck in a single gear and wouldn't shift up or down when in drive. I tried selecting gears manually but it wouldn't let me select any myself, turned the engine off and restated it, I could now select any gear I wanted. Drove the car back home manually selecting the gears myself, even though I was selecting the gears myself it was still losing power when I needed the revs to build up, accompanied with the whining noise ( my gf wasn't present so she's ruled out as the problem ).

as I was roughly at 60mph in 4th gear I decided to knock it up into D for the next gear to drop the revs down. If I quickly select 4th before the speed of the car drops too much then I have no problem selecting gear, if I don't manually select then it will stay in D and won't let me select any lower gear if I'm driving at a slow speed.

Pulled over and gave the car a 10 minute break on the way home to let everything restart. Drove for about 2 minutes and it was all back normal and then suddenly all the symptoms came back again.

Im completely puzzled and I can't find any garages near myself to help with a diagnosis as majority of them say they don't deal with Chrysler and others saying they can't see me for a week a least. Any recommendations or help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thank you