View Single Post
Old 11-02-2017, 11:10 PM
rbracy10406
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by Steve Jr
Mannn , you've been working! Is this patten pending? How are you getting around the BCM or are you not?
No patents, this is mostly just for fun. I have a tendency of trying to see how many wires I can add in my cars
I have not bypassed anything on the BCM. The tablet is communicating with arduino via bluetooth. The arduino has an i2c bus where I have a couple of other arduinos hooked up as well as two temperature/humidity/barometric pressure sensors, capacitive sensors as well as a real time clock. The buttons that were replaced are controlled through relays. The response time is nearly instant and does not appear to cause any problems. Since the air conditioner mostly runs on 3 4.7K potetiometers (the two temperature set points and the blower speed), I also plan to add 3 digital potetiometers to have the climate control go through the tablet as well so you can set an exact temperature (which is why the two temperature sensors are hooked in). I also plan to use the temperature sensors for things such as automatically turning the heated seats when the car starts when it is cold out. In the next version of the application when I finish it, I plan to have climate control, complete control of all of the lights in the car (including the headlights and taillights I am still in the process of building), control of the automatic wiper controller I have installed, the ability to adjust the intermittent speed on the wipers (always something that bugged me) and more. This is an ongoing project I have been working on in my free time.

on the side of this side project, I am also in the process of building new circuit boards for media controls for a steering wheel I found that I like so it can work with my installation, It is a flat bottomed Antarctica suede steering wheel of a 2016 Audi S6 and I am going to try to retrofit it for the crossfire. My biggest worry is the airbag playing nice. Everything else seems like it is going to work out. I am not sure of the keying of the steering wheel shaft but I think I can machine something that will work if it does not fit properly

Last edited by rbracy10406; 11-02-2017 at 11:20 PM.