Old 12-06-2017, 02:29 PM
onehundred80
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts
Default Re: Headlight Seal Kit Parts Needed; Cannot Find

Originally Posted by blazodan
Greetings, fellow Crossfire owners.

I have recently acquired a 2004 Crossfire with low mileage. She is a beauty, but has some baggage. This forum has helped me sort through several minor issues, though I have recently hit a road block.

Brief backstory: my car had a tiny fire above the battery a couple of months ago and I had it towed to the dealership. The mechanic there was shocked by all of the aftermarket parts and electronics under the hood and elsewhere (accessory lights, HIDs, subwoofers, Sprint Booster, etc.). He replaced the battery and disconnected a few things. He said the ballasts and/or wiring of the HID low beams was likely the source of the fire, so he disconnected them. Later, I went into a shop with a new set of HIDs and asked if they could rip out the old low beams and install these new ones. The shop told me there was too much condensation in the passenger side headlight housing and that I would need to replace the unit. Seeing as how that part costs more than $600, I searched through these forums and found the Headlight Seal Kit (05174786AA) designed for the condensation issue. This part is discontinued and nobody has it online.

Upon further investigation under my hood, I noticed that two of the seals to be replaced by the kit are missing completely from my housing. I identified the parts using the TSB found here: http://srt-6.com/pdf/tsb/SB_08_043_0...ndensation.pdf . These include the "UPPER HEADLAMP VENT" or "NEW SMALL RUBBER CAP," and the "LOWER HEADLAMP VENT" or "NEW SMALL RUBBER PLUG." I would also like a "LARGE INBOARD RUBBER CAP" (with or without the special vent). This kit would be perfect as I believe the missing rubber pieces are the source of the condensation inside the assembly.

Does anyone know where I could purchase these rubber parts, whether as a kit or individually, or if there are alternative ways to seal these openings properly? If I could even find the right part numbers I could probably buy these online, but so far I've had no luck whatsoever. Thanks in advance!
Try here it was available a few days ago. CLICK
This is the kit. CLICK