View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 08:25 PM
gragonese
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by rbracy10406
I am using Android for the display interface with an app called RealDash. It is a free download if you want to play with it. As for the interface, I am using an arduino mega with a CAN-BUS shield. What I cannot get through the canbus, I am getting through the analog and digital pins of the arduino. I also have some stuff going through an I2C bus as well. I am currently experimenting with tapping into the I2C bus on the dash itself to get the true odometer reading that the microcontroller writes to the center display. This would be useful because I could also have it read the FSS information when service is due.

I plan to start a thread soon as per some members requests. Unfortunately, I have been swamped with work and haven't been able to get to it yet. It will come soon enough
I will have to check that out and play around with it. I guess this might give me some motivation to take the arduino i purchase out of the package finally. I have this horrible problem with buying materials for projects and then never getting around to them. Hence why i have 5 of the chip computers that are still unused. I would be very interested once you get that documentation together. The dash cluster is definetly outdated when you compare it to moset newer cars