View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 04:56 PM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: stuck in park???

Originally Posted by JustinX
Update, dried out tcm and bay. Still same problem. They installed a working spare tcm and coded it to my car. Same problem. Tech finally bypassed rcm, car started and was running normally. Apparently the rcm is a very sensitive part of the car (especially the automatics). They rcm was sent out for repair and tested in a manual crossfire. Was supposed to be working. I thought the manual and automatic used the same rcm. I’m not really a new tech vehicle guy. (77 Vette, 85 Ferrari 308, 89 Porsche 944 has less problems combined compared to the crossfire). Tech traced down all wiring involving computer and modules. They always say don’t go cheap when buying electronics. A new rcm through Chrysler is $434. Comes with a 70k warranty. If it goes bad again they will tow and replace free of charge. I will have about $2000.00 in towing and dealer charges all together. So, you automatic guys. I would buy a new rcm to keep on hand to avoid all the trouble and expense.
Sorry to hear that they sucked you dry, new RCMs can be had for half that, never go to a dealer.
I have a spare RCM and it cost me $45 on eBay. I soldered the usual connections and put it in to try it. It worked so I left it in, the original is in the trunk just in case. The one you purchased came from Mercedes and Chrysler marked it up a lot for their efforts. Who tried to fix your original RCM?

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-26-2018 at 06:59 PM.