View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 08:32 AM
GraphiteGhost
Received 392 Likes on 337 Posts
Default Re: Key Won't Unlock Door

Originally Posted by girlgoesvroom
Hi y'all,

I've been hunting on the forums and can't seem to find a problem that matches mine so here goes:

My key will not lock or unlock my 06 Crossfire. The key fob hasn't worked since the day I bought the car (it worked when I test drove it and suspiciously stopped when I finished signing paper work and went to drive it home) so I've been manually unlocking and locking it via the driver's door. The lock button on the console works but of course that only locks the car from the inside and the key won't unlock the car anyway.

Also, my right turn signal has stopped working about a week and a half ago. The left works fine, the right doesn't make a sound. The hazards all work so I know it isn't a bulb issue. Can these issues be related? I have just enough car knowledge to follow directions to fix stuff, not to diagnose, so any help you can give would be awesome.

Putting the car in the shop is just not an option - it's gone twice in the last six months. Once for the water pump and once for the alternator so if I want a working turn signal and locks, it'll have to be a DIY solution.

Thanks guys!

Have you tried the FOB resync? The instructions are here in the forum.