View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 04:56 PM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: Key Won't Unlock Door

Originally Posted by girlgoesvroom
I'm sorry if this is all confusing. I'm finding it hard to explain the problem since I don't understand it myself.

Just to summarize:
- The key in the driver's side door isn't activating the lock at all. As of a week or so ago, it stopped locking/unlocking the car.
- The fob has been out of commission since I bought the car in 2016. I have no clue if the fob would unlock the car if it was working. I'd happily buy a new fob if that's an alternate method of locking the car.
- The lock/unlock button on the console does work. I was under the impression that if the lock on the door was broken, this button would also not work.
- The right turn signal works intermittently. It stopped working about 3 weeks ago, 1 week before my door lock stopped working. Maybe these problems are related, maybe not. I thought I would mention just in case it's relevant.
- I'm looking for a way to lock and unlock the car from the outside by means of either figuring out what happened to the door lock and fixing that or by buying a new fob and syncing it to the car if that will work.

Does that make any sense at all?
It does make sense now but in your first past you said the key worked in the drivers door. We have that straight now, it does not lock the car.
When using the key in the drivers it operates an electrical switch that turns on the pump hidden under the trunk mat, it will lock or unlock the doors, gas cap and hatch.
Obviously the pump works so the switch in the door must now have a fault in it somewhere between the lock and the pump. There are a lot of wires connected to the pump and the pump has been known to get severely damaged by water leaking into the trunk, have you seen any evidence of water in the trunk?