View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 10:11 AM
Speedy4x4
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Single piece aluminum driveshaft

Over $1,000

When I find a 3 arm prop to take with me, get measurements and to take with me to match up to other options will makes things easier.
went to a salvage yard after work yesterday looking for a 3.5" aluminum driveshaft with slip, without luck bad problem with forklifts tearing up driveshafts, especially the aluminum ones.
most common would be from a 01-11 ranger supercab, 4x4 with manual transmission.
and when I have a prop in my hand, the vechile's I believe we could use parts from, like a ford 8.8 pinion yoke, to take the yoke off check measurements and see if the prop will slide on, and if it fits good then more options for cheap off the shelf parts or if someone wants to do the work, go to a salvage yard to get parts and get done cheap.

found a listing on ebay that crossreference the mopar numerous for prop and says crossfire, charger, 300, and acouple others all use the same prop.
​​​​​​
and want to double check our pinion and output shaft on manual and auto all have same spline and use the same props, companion flange, driveshaft flange etc.