View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 09:47 PM
Halo819
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2005 Pearl Blue Limited Roadster

Hello everyone! I've been in the market for a new car since my Camaro died at the beginning of last summer. Since then I've been driving an old Buick Century back and forth to work.
My son is just getting his license and has targeted the old Buick as "his"! Lol (It's actually perfect for a new driver and it rides smooth as silk)
I was originally looking for an older vehicle just to get back to basics but came across a few Crossfires while searching and started to really like the looks of them.
Thanks to this forum I can see that most drivers fall deep in love with their Crossfires and it seems that with the proper care these can be very reliable cars. This has pushed me over the edge and I put a deposit down on a Crossfire.
I'm flying down to Florida on 3/14 from Long Island to inspect and probably buy a 2005 pearl Blue Roadster Limited with a red leather interior and 6 speed stick. If everything goes well and it passes my inspection I hope to be on the road heading north that afternoon.
The wife and I are going to make it a 3 or 4 day trip with stops in Savannah and D.C. for St Patrick's day. I'm not looking to push the car too hard at all.
I'm going to speak with the mechanic at the lot to see if he can do the relay solder mod before I take delivery just so I have the peace of mind that it's not going to be a problem.
I'm getting the car at a great price because the used car lot can't figure out how to get the BRAND NEW convertible top to operate. I've see the video on how to operate the top manually and I've already confirmed that the multi-function tool is actually with the car!
I'm pretty handy with electrical problems and diagnostics, I worked for BMW for 7 years. I also have an excellent mechanic to bounce ideas off of so I am confident that I will eventually get this top to fully function on its own. Until then I'm more than happy to drop the top manually to drive down to the beach on a nice day! These forums have already been a massive help to me. I feel like I already know so much about these cars so thank you all very much for that!