Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 08:05 PM
asusundevils23
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Help!

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
A negative battery cable is under $10, all it requires is a 10 MM open end wrench and about 5 minutes to install :

As to the " shifter control module", he either means the assembly with the actual shift **** on it ( which has NO vacuum connected to it ), or the TCM ( transmission control module ) which also has no vacuum connection and very seldom goes bad.

I would recommend YOU replace the negative battery cable, make sure you wire brush the connection point on the right fender, and then see what you have.

( If that fixes everything, I'll take 20% of the $3000 as a consultation fee ) - only kidding.
Well, it is already at the shop so I would have to they it towed back to my home. I found a used shift assembly online at eBay for 179.00​​ so am going to let them install it. Kinda pissed they would charge me 130.00 to replace that negative wire. I am not very mechanically inclined so am at the mercy of mechanics. After this episode, I'm going to remember to visit here first and force myself to at least try to perform the work.

What I neglected to mention in my original post was that on two recent occasions I placed a large cup of ice water next to and against the shift handle and forgot about it. When I returned I noticed the sweat from the cup had dripped into the assembly. This was just 1-2 day prior to everything in my dash going berserk and my shift handle getting stuck in Park. I am now wondering if that is the culprit.