View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 04:46 PM
onehundred80
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by djohn14296
Yesterday was not a good day, change oil (with my new Topsider MVP), 1st time used loved it. New filter and O-rings, new air filters, and new tie rod assembly. The tie rod assembly was a lot easier than I thought it would be, didn't even have to take of the pan on the front end. I was on my way to have front end alignment, 3 lane hwy. I'm in middle lane, see my turn coming looked in my rear view mirror, one vehicle in left lane a ways back, turn signal on and preceded to move over, right into the side of a Chevy Equinox. It caught the side of the drivers door and part of the rear fender. Some damage to the Chevy. Police came, wrote up paper work and we exchanged it and I got a ticket. $166,
basically failure to yield. Came home and was depressed and pissed at myself. My top was up, it was setting in my blind spot. Got the alignment this morning and have an appointment at the collision shop Friday morning. No one was hurt and they isn't much damage to the car, mostly door and beginning of the rear fender. It is repairable, I just feel so stupid. 1st accident with any of my vehicles in 30 years.

I tried to attach a picture, would go, acted like it was stuck. Try later. Keeps showing only 10% completed?
I have a coupe and with the mirrors adjusted just so, there is no blind spot. I can watch a car in the rear view mirror and follow it into a side mirror and then see it beside me in the window. The other car can be seen in two mirrors or mirror and window all the time.
The mirrors do not show the side of my car at all unless I lean to that side.
My wife can always can see the side of her car, I always ask her if she needs reminding what colour it is.
It takes a bit of confidence to drive like this but you can work your way up to it.

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-29-2018 at 08:12 PM.