Old 04-09-2018, 06:52 PM
dylan07
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Crossfire does not start and does not crank

This is all over the forums, but I can't figure it out.

Background may or may not be useful:
Earlier in the day I was really low on gas idling in the parking lot, and it began to stutter. So i got across the street and put 2 gallons of gas in it. I hate that gas station and was going to drive 2 miles to my favored gas station.

The car was missing hella bad, sounded like a motorcycle and had barely any acceleration. Got to the pump and stalled out but started up again. I put $20 more in it and it ran and drove fine. Got home.

Then I went to Walmart a couple hours later with my brother, and it ran and drove us to Walmart fine. When we got back to the car it wouldn't start, first try the starter made a single click. But I didn't think it was a dead battery, it just worked.... everything lights up fine. tried to turn the key again and i held it longer and I could hear the alarm siren very quietly going off. (I replaced that less than 3 months ago. And when I lock/unlock doors it makes the chirp noise). I asked my brother to push start us, and that worked... so... I got home and took the RCM out and resoldered the 3 pins that are common to fail, but they looked decent. That did not fix my problem. I checked all of my fuses.

Problem: Car does not crank and does not start
I don't think it is the RCM because I re-soldered and also the fan does not come on.
I don't think it is the clutch safety switch, because i can hear the fuel pump as long as I turn the key to start position. (I do not hear the fuel pump without pressing the clutch)

So I am guessing either the SKREEM module, battery, or starter.

Tried:
- Re-soldering RCM
- Checked fuses
- disconnecting battery for 10 minutes
- Tried touching battery cables together with battery disconnected

- Currently taking my battery to Autozone to be tested

I appreciate the help!