View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 08:26 AM
Franc Rauscher
Received 506 Likes on 350 Posts
Default Re: I am tired of spending money on tires

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
I run Hankoooks, not a bad tire, but not a great tire, either. Around $850 for a set out the door.

Mine last car was a limited, and this one is an SE, so now SRT power levels here; I've seen 33,000 miles out of a set (my first set, back when I drove the car like it was a Ford Ranger) and as little as 11,500 miles (last set on the Graphite - man, did I DRIVE that car.)

My tires wear pretty evenly, I run 33/34 pounds in them and have no aftermarket alignment parts installed. The cost of tires has been the biggest part of ownership over three Crossfires in nine years. Currently, my daily is a Ford Ranger - $404 for a set of tires out the door that now have 21,000 on them and I'd guess I have about 35000 more miles to go. The Crossfire as a daily driver can tax your checkbook a bit- but I do miss having the Graphite Roadster as a daily driver.

I run Hankooks as well. And get about the same service as you reported.

The Michelins on the Roadster were what they had Sunday morning in Nashville. Not a bad tire and will get 20K on the SRT. That's about $440 a year on a daily driver. So the SRT Roadster is parked in the garage.

And,,,,,; FOR SALE