View Single Post
Old 04-18-2018, 03:13 PM
Luctus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Crossfire Limited stalled at light

This is a 2008 Crossfire Limited with ~40,000 miles on it. I purchased this vehicle last Saturday, so I'm fairly new here. I drove from Atlanta Georgia to Austin Texas with no issues at all, and only now are things having issues. I read through the other posts on similar issues, but they seemed different enough that I wanted to verify.

I've noticed the radio (aftermarket, not installed by me so there is a possibility its not grounded correctly or something) over the past day or two flickers on and off, which seems to correlate with increased load on the battery (lights on, phone charger plugged in, etc.). This morning the car stalled at a stoplight and refused to crank for about 3 minutes (though all electronics turned back on). During this stall, the trip odometer showed an oil can + "Hi." Afterwords, it started fine. Checking the oil, I don't think its overfilled but I can try draining it tonight to verify.

I took the RCM out and inspected the solder traces and pads, all of which appear to be fine. I'll attempt to reflow the usual problem pad listed in the sticky tonight, but I wanted to see if anyone else had seen similar symptoms from another area. Could it be the CPS? Is there anything else I should check that would cause these symptoms?

Symptoms list:
1. Slightly flickering headlights (not on and off, but moreso rapid variations in intensity)
2. Radio randomly turns off for a second or two while driving.
3. Electronics turned off while lowering the soft top once.
4. Longer than usual cranks to start.
5. Car stalled and wouldn't crank at a stop light after driving for roughly 10 minutes.
6. During the stall the Hi oil indicator came on.

Battery tested fine, and I currently have no codes. I'll keep my OBD in the car to test in case it occurs again.

Thanks!