View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 10:55 AM
amx1397
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Re: Can someone help diagnose these issues?

Originally Posted by Atlas
Finally picked up my srt6 last week after two weeks of waiting. The dealer put $3k into the car - new tensioner belt, struts, new fluids, etc.
Overall, the car runs beautifully. I have noticed a few possible issues though.

1. The ignition doesn't always turn from the off position. It's a lot like when you accidentally "lock" the ignition by bumping your steering wheel, except nothing was bumped. Is this the "sticky key" problem?

2. The steering overall is fine. However every now and then, the car almost swerves to one side, as if a strong gust of wind pushed it. I've read about tie rods and other components wearing out that can cause something like this. The wheels themselves, and the steering, are practically silent, completely smooth. And aside from this weird issue the car drives better than my daily driver (Volvo c30).

3. When I'm sitting in stupid rush hour traffic on a hot day, the needle on the temp gauge starts rising. At what point is the fan meant to come on to cool the engine? I'll admit to being a bit overly cautious.. When I see the temp rising, I turn the heat on high in the car to pull heat away from the engine. That seems to do the trick until traffic starts moving again. I also tend not to run the ac just out of personal preference, so I don't know yet if running the ac would help kick that fan on.

4. I've noticed that when I'm at a stoplight, the engine idles very low. The car itself sounds fine, I can feel the engine idling and it feels perfectly smooth and very quiet. Is this normal?
Overall I'm in love with my new baby. I just want to get these issues sorted out so I can feel comfortable driving the car more often.
#1 where in fl? yes the sticky key ,get that done asap, if the key turns the cost is a LOT less than if the key does not turn, it will STOP turning then you have to get it towed and a lot of labor to fix it.,, if u r n south fl call matt he can fix it 786 877 5959. call him he will come to you but not rightaway,
the temp should not go past the needle width past 1/2 way on the gauge that = about 210*
steering https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...surprised.html

the swerving could be, not saying it is but, the bushing on the rear suspension,, or sub frame.