View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 04:11 PM
dirtboy
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry I'm mad at Chrysler

I have taken the good and the bad with my 2004 Crossfire, and in the past the service has been fantastic, but this time they are really jerking me around and Chrysler told me today they are powerless to help.

I took my car into service yesterday for the following reasons:

1. Popping sound from the rear of the car; a known TSB'd issue. Result: We can't hear it, but we'll do it anyways.

2. Loud noise from the left rear of the car, at all speeds. Since tires don't make noise at low speeds, I thought they'd take this seriously. Result: After a 4 mile test drive they quoted me $675 for new tires. Solution: Buy new tires.

3. Ticking noise from the engine when engine is hot or cold. It is loud enough to be heard in the cabin and has done that since new. Result: It is a noisy injector. Solution: Nothing.

4. Transmission is popping out of 1st gear every two weeks. History: Transmission was replaced less than two weeks after purchase and a year ago I brought it in for the same problem. The tech at that time adjusted it and up until the last two months things are fine. Result: After a 4 mi test drive the problem can't be duplicated. Solution: Nothing.

5. Glaze on headlights. Result: Hard water from being parked outside. (It's been garage kept since new and there's no hard water spots anywhere on the car.) Solution: They polished them off as a courtesy and were quick to remind me of that.

So, my transmission is a liability. And 3 months before my lease expires my warranty does. I want to document this stuff and get it fixed now, because they will screw me over if something breaks during that three months.

I decided to call Chrysler this morning to file a complaint against the service department and get a manufacturer rep to look at my car the next time they are in town. Chrysler said they can't make the dealership do anything, but can make suggestions and they could not schedule anything with their manufacturer reps, because that is up to the dealer to decide if I am allowed to see that person or not.

The Chrysler rep called the dealership and they told her the problem could not be duplicated therefore it did not exist and could not be troubleshooted. I explained to her the liabilities this could cause and she told me there was nothing she could do except advise the dealership. I asked her if she could make them look at it. She said no. I asked her if she could do anything other than call them, and she said that Chrysler can't make the dealerships do anything. I asked to speak to a supervisor...

She said the supervisors can't talk to me. I said fine, get me their boss. She said no. I said get me someone else. She said there is nobody else. So I asked her if the dealership won't work with me and you can't do anything, what do I do? She suggested that I try to work with the dealership or take it to a different one.

I'm not happy. And I'm sure I'm not the first person to get caught up in this mess.

My options are:

1. Call Chrysler and ask directly to speak to a supervisor without stating my problem and hope I get someone who has some authority to get things done.

2. Call the dealership and tell them I want an appointment with the manufacturer rep to which they will agree and then never do it.

3. Tell the dealer that if I don't get an appointment with the manufacturer rep that I will file for arbitration.

4. File for arbitration.

Any advice from those who have been down this road?