View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 08:22 PM
jamesmonter2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cylinder Misfire Help

Ok So I am still working on this mess and did get somewhere today. Car still running rough no power. I had the car running and pulled the harness to ecu off of each coil to see if the engine stumbled. Some caused it to stumble others did not making me believe wire harness issues. I traced all the wires back to the ecu, all wires looked good. I started to wiggle the wires in the ecu and car almost shut off, then wiggled again and was running slightly better. I turned car off, unhooked some of the wire harness plugs in ecu and noticed some pins lower than others. I pulled the clips that locked the wires into place off giving me a 1/32" more area of connection to the pins, installed the loose square blocks over the pins and woosh, no more cylinder misfires, no more knocking, no cylinder misfire codes so made progress. I attached pictures of the clips so people can see what im talking about.

I still have one remaining issue. When i hit the gas pedal the car stumbles and then slowly gets up to speed. The car will rev good when some gas is already applied, it wont rev directly from idle, it stumbles. I checked any air leaks with carb cleaner, no vacuum leaks. Its pulling air hard through the maf sensor when i first hit the gas. Its not an air leak just pulling air hard and causing the car to stumble. I am thinking this could be a low gas pressure issue (bad pump) or possibly a dirty fuel filter? Do i check the fuel rail pressure next? Is the pressure supposed to be constant when i hit the gas? I will pick up a pressure gauge tomorrow.