View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 01:09 PM
MoCross
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Pulley exploded?

my elevation is about 800 feet in NC

I bought the car about 2 1/2 yrs ago at a very small car lot. It had the A/F gauge I'll attach a picture of and a crappy homemade single CAI. So of course I had a pre-purchase inspection done at a local highly rated shop and they actually said it looked good, didn't say a word about the crank pulley.

The car lot bought it at auto auction, previous owner actually passed away, I found out later. Since I've had it, I also had an oil change and asked for an inspection at a dealership and they also didn't know/say it had the upgraded crank pulley.

In the time I've had it apx.. 2 1/2 years I've moved twice and while I've looked into and done a few things on it, haven't had the time to get serious till more recently.

It's probably been driven 3k miles since I've had it and only about 8 miles stacked..Since I had just put the SC pulley on.

When I bought the 65mm, it was mainly to replace the original pulley that had bad bearings and I wasn't planning on running stacked, so I hadn't researched that. I have since read on MBW that they had someone with the 185/65 with the upgraded SL55 fuel pump and the stock injectors were sufficient, which is why I thought that the fuel pump would be the first step.

I had kind of dismissed my a/f gauge as I thought the car only had the single cai, and it was just for show...I'm not even sure how accurate it is.

I'd like to eventually drive it down to Orlando to get a dyno tune at Eurocharged. But I need to be finished with any upgrades and find the time to do that.

I guess my next step is to check into the A/F ratio gauge, make sure it is works properly and figure out the numbers I need to be looking for. But from what I read so far It seems like I'll be doing the fuel pump at a minimum also.

Thanks!

Here is the Air/Fuel Ratio gauge