Thread: New guy here
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2018, 04:58 PM
Tom3120
Forum Regular
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default New guy here from Indiana looking for a ride

Hello everyone. I would like to introduce myself. I live in Indiana. I'm nearly 60 years old and never owned a "cool" car. A little over two years ago I was hit head on by a drunk driver while I was on my motorcycle. I now have rods and screws holding me together....but I survived. To keep peace in the house I decided to give up motorcycles. I'm not a thrill seeker or speed demon at all but I have decided that I would like to buy a small convertible sports car. I have been searching the web for no particular car brand or model. For some reason I have become interested in the Crossfire despite never having driven or even seen one in person. I always like things that are more unique or obscure. I have three neighbors and two co-works that own mustangs so I want something different. You get the idea. I've been trying to educate myself on these cars and hope to actually start finding them and maybe find something that I like. I know I want a convertible. From the reading that I have done it seems that the 2005 model year is very popular although I've not read too many bad things about the 2006-2008 either. I don't think I want to spend the extra money for the SRT-6 model because like I said...I'm not a speed junky. So that leaves me with the base model and the limited models. Cant decide if I want a manual or automatic transmission either. I've never had a car with leather seats but might be interested in trying it. Doesn't it get real hot though with the top down? So anyway, I'm continuing to research and read about this car called the Crossfire. Sounds interesting!

Last edited by Tom3120; 07-26-2018 at 05:09 PM.