View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 04:03 PM
zip439
Received 188 Likes on 156 Posts
Default Re: Maximum tire size on front and back?

I bought the 285 mainly for the sporty looks as it is more tire than the limited crossfire needs as to rubber on the road. Those are Michelin Pilot AS3+ as a daily tire all year and they work very well for me in SE Alabama. I also have another set of rims with Portenza r-11, but the rears are standard 255. I have slide with the 255s on the rear, but never have with the 285. The slide is very controlled with the Portenza so it is no problem at all so long as you know the limits. Would Portenza 285s slide? Probably no more or less than the Michelin 285 with my way of driving.
As to rotating your tires it depends completely on the tire make/model that you decide on. As Dinasrt said above; Directional tires will have a rotation arrow branded on the tire's sidewall. The arrow indicates the direction in which the tire should turn. So you can not rotate those tires. They will be specific to location on the Crossfire as our rims are different sized front to and rear, and the rotation would be wrong if you moved them from left to right side. Some tires are not directional, but do have a inside and outside orientation on the rim. You can move those tires left to right on the car. Directional tires will have an arrow on the side wall indicating the direction of rotation, while the tire that should be mounted with a specific side to the outer vice inner will so state on the side wall. Most tires can be rotated, just read the info on both sides of the side wall of the tire you purchase for the specific info.

Last edited by zip439; 08-04-2018 at 04:18 PM.