View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 09:52 AM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: Changed SKREEM, key & ECU no start!

Originally Posted by Auto
Hello and thank you for replying.
To follow up on your questions, yes. I replaced ECU, transponder chip in the key fob w/ matching internals, key ring and SKREEM module. Everything matched the exact numbers with my original equipment also.
A little info about myself as well... I've been installing electronics and accessories professionally for 25yrs. Such as remote starts, alarm's and etc but, I'm stumped on this one.
I think the factory security is what the issue is because, of the following reasons:
When connecting the battery the security starts flashing the lights and will not allow me to shut it off by the unlock button on the remote. It will however stop flashing when I depress the lock button. I have tried programming the remote again and again. I have removed fuse 9, nothing. I have left it set for one hour with key on in the ignition, doesn't work.
There has to be something I'm not doing right.
There is a short procedure that is done when a new SKREEM is installed in the car, and As the power was off all of the parts you replaced they probably need rebooting.
I shall look for the procedure, those who have a spare SKREEM should keep a copy of the procedure with the spare module.