View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 01:16 PM
Pseemayer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Trunk Security Pump (CLP/SSM)

I understand these are very old post, but.......I have an '07 roadster. Our troubles started when my wife had trouble with the siren going off while the car was running. She could not get it to go off, but it went off without her doing anything. (I was not there and never saw this recreated). Then the parking lights, tail lights would not go off. I replaced the battery which helped that issue (seemingly) then our top would not go down. When you release the latch and push the top up about 6 inches, the windows go down and the light on the switch blinks and there is a constant beep. I opened the trunk, and removed everything down to the CLP/SSM. It was submerged in water. (by the way the doors would not lock). I drained the water (until I find where the water is coming from, I have drilled a few holes in the bottom to drain the water, I will plug them when I can figure out where the leak is from, so any info on that would be helpful). I removed the CLP/SSM and cleaned it with electrical contact cleaner. (I figured the module was probably shot so it wouldn't hurt to try). It did work to a point, as everything in the car is working as it should except for the top. I also have temporally bypassed the microswitch in the trunk for the thingy you have to fold out so the top doesn't get damaged by cargo in the trunk. I will also replace this once I can figure everything out. Should I just replace the CLP/SSM, my guess is yes. Does anyone know the part number for this? I consider myself a parts replacer and NOT a mechanic. Thanks if anyone is still out there that has suggestions and can help.