View Single Post
Old 09-01-2018, 07:27 PM
Billto
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Recommendations for AM grills

Originally Posted by Jim Holian
Bill T - Thanks. If you can find it, let me know. I'm trying to deceide if I want to replace the original grill with a custom or take my grill and paint it a silver to match the windshield surround. Just can't deceide. Haven't seen enough of either one, custom or painted, to tell which I like best. I do want to do something that sets it apart from the norm.

Thanks again,

Jim
Could not find it Jim, sorry,
Like I said, it was a hassle to install. Once I realized the little bolts were not going to work without removing the whole facia
I looked at different ways and ended up installing it with three sheet metal screws (S.S.) That worked GREAT did not loosen up at all.
I had it on for over a year. Then I gave my stock grille to a friend who had it chrome plated. (a spray process) I really liked that, BUT over
time it turned to a gold tint. That I did not like. Next I bought one from DTMenance that he painted and added chrome strips over the
painted silver parts. Nice work. So you see it is a labor of love. I left the lower Billet Grilles on the car. I will send you pictures of the other two
grilles. To your e-mail. I can change back to the Billet at a future time if I want to, pIece of cake. But I probably won't. I like what I have now.
Bill T.