View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 01:18 PM
Crystal
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by rbracy10406
I got my first check engine light (at least that I can remember) today. I hooked it up to the scanner and got P0400. I opened the hood, started to poke around and found a couple of extremely dry rotted vacuum hoses. Replaced them and let the car run for a bit. It seems to be okay now but I'll have to wait and see if the light comes back on.

My suggestion to anyone reading this is to check your vacuum hoses. Especially the ones right by the blower in the front of the engine and the ones on the back side by the transmission dip stick hole (auto transmission). If they are dry rotted/mushy, replace them. For the 8 dollars it costs for the hose and 15 minutes in time, It may save you some headaches in the future.
The Fuel Line on my SRT6 looks like that. I am actively trying to find a replacement. Didn't see any on eBay or otherwise. I really need to run up to the ole Mercedes Dealership to have them order me one. Too many SRT6 owners insist on parting the entire engine as a whole. Didn't have the same Part # as the NA.