View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 11:30 AM
onehundred80
Received 535 Likes on 452 Posts
Default Re: Replacing the Fuel Pump and Filter

Originally Posted by CBISJN
I will be replacing my fuel pump and filter on my 2005 Limited roadster. I've seen posts where it is recommended to pull the fuel pump fuse and start the car till it runs out of fuel before replacing the pump, and I have also seen where it is recommended to remove the negative terminal on the battery as well. Doesn't removing the negative battery cable create an issue with creating a code and getting a check engine light? Trying to avoid getting any form of check engine light or codes after doing this.

I also found a great link to the service manual for the crossfire if anyone else is interested in getting step by step instructions on a number of repairs.

Chrysler Crossfire - service repair manual 2005 year

Thanks in advance.
Removing the cable will require the pollution system monitor to reset itself by driving at certain speeds for specified periods of time. This can be a bit frustrating. A light for the steering sensor may come on but that is easily reset.
Why are you doing the changes?
This forum has a better Service Manual, see the Documentation thread for it and many other publications.