Old 09-19-2018, 09:27 PM
bigreddog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Questions I want to ask before getting a Crossfire

Originally Posted by dinasrt
When I read your first post mention "when I was much much younger" and then saw that you were 38, I had to LOL. As long as you're filling it up with premium, it may as well be an SRT6 is how I see it. Oh, a catch can is a drainable canister that dramatically helps remove the oil vapor from crankcase ventilation before it gets to the intake manifolds. Welcome, and good luck with what shouldn't be such a difficult decision IMHO.
Yeah I know, only 38 years old. I have a 10 year old daughter and a 19 year old son. When I was 16, I had a 1989 Chrysler Conquest TSI Turbo. Black w/black leather and 5 speed manual. That was my first car. It didn't last long and I got my first Mustang 5.0 after that. I got into the hobby of drag racing and buying and selling Mustangs. I had 13 of them from the age of 17-28. I see things through a different perspective. I've been through seven heart surgeries and many other surgeries and I don't feel that young anymore. I've owned my Eclipse for the last 3 years and only drove it fast once and that scared me to death. So, I really don't need an SRT-6. I'm also hoping for a manual transmission if possible and I read the SRT-6's are only automatics. If a great deal comes around then I'm not opposed to getting a SRT6, but I'd rather have a manual transmission and a normal V6. If I wanted speed I'd get a Mustang but everyone has a Mustang. I feel like at this point in my life, I want something that is different, not fast. I plan on keeping this car for a long time so I'm wanting something that is in good condition. An SRT6 seems out of my price range. I did find one SRT6 for $5400 but it says it needs the ECM repaired. I saw, on this forum, a red Crossfire with 66k on it for $5500. The only thing I don't like about it is that it is an automatic. If I had my choice I would get a black model with manual transmission. But finding a manual transmission in good condition for the price I want to spend, and in the color black, almost seems impossible. I'm sure the right one will come along. Thanks for explaining an oil catch can to me.