Old 09-23-2018, 08:14 AM
ala_xfire
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: Questions I want to ask before getting a Crossfire

Hello everyone, I'm wanting to purchase a Crossfire. I'm not expecting it to be a speed demon if I don't get the SRT6. I don't plan on racing it or beating the hell out of it. If I wanted to beat the hell out of a car and race it, then I would just get a Mustang. I'm not wanting speed, just something fun. I love the looks of the Crossfire. Therefore I'd like to get a Crossfire. Can you guys tell me for things that I should look out for when looking over a Crossfire? For example, I know now to look under the weather stripping for rust and where the wing attaches for rust. I know to look in the trunk for water damage. If you can offer me advice that I am seeking, I would really appreciate it. I you want to tell me, on a Crossfire forum, to buy a Mustang especially after I said I didn't want another Mustang, then don't bother wasting your time commenting.
  • look over the rear wheel arches for rust.
  • check the vent covers ( on the valve covers ) for leaks - easily and cheaply fixed.
  • the trunk leakage is mainly the SRT6, but can occur with an NA. Best to just plastic bag the control locking module until you can trace the source of the leak.
  • check the tires for uneven wear - indicates alignment issues somewhat common to these cars.
  • if a roadster, check pump fluid level and all 5 cylinders for signs of leakage. Also check the bond on the rear window.
  • check for "sticky key fix" if 2004/2005 model.
  • do the "cheapest bang for the buck" mod if it's not a base model.
  • check negative battery cable at the fender for rust/corrosion
  • check to see if the "mystery no start" fix has been done.
  • don't be upset if the cup holder is broken - that's normal.
you are welcome to message me with any other concerns.