Thread: TPMS sensors
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2018, 07:34 PM
alexdc
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: TPMS sensors

Originally Posted by CROSSFIRERUSH
Well, a return trip this morning to my local Discount Tire has clarified the following:

They have a good handle today on managing all TPMS systems, old and new. With Chrysler Crossfires they are using the latest Schrader cloneable TPMSs. He showed me the Shrader 33510 AND guaranteed compatibility with the car's TPMS module. I let him know I did not want to go through the process of purchasing new tires with new TPMS and find out Discount Tire could not make these sensors work...and then send me to a Chrysler dealer to DRBIII 'em. What Jimmy Forton of Discount Tire then did to put my concerns at ease was to take a Shrader 33510 TPMS sensor and a TEC400 scan tool out to my car and place the new TPMS sensor between the scan tool and the left front rim at the valve, pushed a couple of buttons and cloned the ID of the left front wheel sensor to this new Shrader sensor. This is the sensor that will work with either a 315 mghz or 433 mghz system. Here's a pic of this Shrader 33510 sensor. This Discount Tire store wants $60.00 apiece. Kinda' pricey. I know from reading this thread that other Shrader sensors (33500, as well as 20028) will work. When I'm ready for tires, I'm going to shop for these sensors AND confirm the tire dealer will accept the sensors I provide unless the tire dealer's price is competitive.

Shrader Cloneable Sensor
Can you replace the battery on these?