Old 11-04-2018, 09:49 AM
DadsXF
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Stuck in Park - too nice to be a paperweight!

Quick update - still stuck, using the bypass to let me put it in gear.

I have not scanned for codes, and yes, that would be a good idea. I was hoping "throwing parts at it" would make it work. Not a great idea. Bought a shift assembly off eBay, removed the existing and installed that one. Lots of hassle there, but it's done. NO CHANGE. Still stuck in park. Let that be a lesson to others - root cause diagnosis still unknown.

I do only have one plug connected to the Brake Pedal Switch, there isn't a second plug, although diagrams that I have seen show 2. ?? I have read in other threads that some Crossfires have no pedal switch. So maybe it's not unusual to only have a single plug on mine?

Suggestions for next steps? I really did not want to go to a dealer to have the codes read. Is there an inexpensive code reader that would get me over the hurdle that I would also be able to use for non Mercedes products? Everything else I own is domestic, and I'm not sure how long I'll end up keeping the Crossfire. Don't get me wrong, it's a blast to drive, but the issues I've had in less than a year make me question my sanity for thinking that I should keep it, I wanted to enjoy it for a complete season, and decide. On a plus note, by the time I finish fixing all the quirks, it'll probably be super-reliable for someone else! :-)

Thanks all, and Happy Sunday!
DadsXF