View Single Post
Old 11-06-2018, 07:58 AM
KeithTexas
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Odd Lamp light behaviour

Originally Posted by andrew267
Just re read my post it was awful. So here goes.
I turn the car on and all the dashboard lights come on as normal. I turn the lights on - side lights all fine, then main lights all is fine. The warning light does not actually come on until i turn the lights off. I have checked all the lights i can but cannot see any not working. Is that a better description
So, is it the "Light Outage Indicator" light on the dashboard that comes on when you turn the headlights off?

I've got a 2005 Limited that the previous owner had installed a remote starter and some other things that are totally undocumented for me. I've had the car for a year and am still trying to figure stuff out that was added.

When my headlight switch is set to "off", my headlights come on automatically at night and under low-light conditions AND the "Light Outage Indicator" on the dashboard illuminates (and I don't have any bulbs burned out). This doesn't appear to be a "running lights" option because my headlights only come on at night or under low-light conditions with the headlights switched to the "off" position. The "Light Outage Indicator" goes out when I switch the headlights to the "on" position. I've been wanting to ask the folks here if that's normal or an add-on that someone added-on.

Also, the "Light Outage Indicator" will come on when you have a bad brake light...but in that case, the "Light Outage Indicator" only comes on AFTER you've stepped on the brakes.