Old 11-30-2018, 04:47 PM
Jim Holian
Forum Regular
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Let’s publicly shame the key and SKREEM culprits?

180 - Thanks for your response. I talked with Rob at Needswings and told him I was just wanting to have a spare in case my SKREEM went out. His suggestion was to just drive my car and enjoy it as a toy and if the unit breaks down, face the problem then.

I was thinking of getting one of the salvaged units that are on ebay. They seem to be going for around $75 to $90 dollars, american. That being said, we then have to find someone who can enter my VIN number, that know's what they are doing. Who knows what that would cost. If the cost gets up to around $400 dollars, a new one is all the more attractive. Rob said he does not reprogram used units.

I'm like you; I hope someone comes up with a way to bypass the unit all together. Some of the other issues as well. I park mine in a garage at night and when not in use. If we take a cruise in it and stop to eat, I try to park where I can see the car. I'm not really worried about someone stealing it. It's insured and if it's stolen I'll just have to argue with the insurance Co.

Again, thanks for your input. If you have any ideas about the salvaged units as spares and who can program a VIN into them, let me know. I have to explore all avenues. Of course, I may be worrying too much. If you hear of anyway to bypass this unit or some of the other electronic booboo's, please share it with us on this forum.

Jim