Thread: TPMS question
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2018, 09:12 PM
KDW4Him
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: TPMS question

Originally Posted by Mdcrossfire
About the only thing that does not work on my Cross fire are the 15 year old sensor batteries in my tire sensors. Here is why I will not bother to change them..... First,

must break down all 5 tires that are currently perfectly balanced. Then, must go to Chrysler for servicing because no one else has that darn tool to reprogram them. They want $165 for each tire for installing each sensor plus sensor parts plus rebalancing tires. They want $135 for each sensor part. They will not let me buy my own sensors because they will not install parts not provided by them . They have you on this one because only they have the reprogramming tool! Way over $1000 total. I forget the exact price parts quoted me for the sensors. but do remember it was about triple of what it would cost for the exact same part on ebay. If I let some other service or tire place to install sensors first then take it to Chrysler and for some reason they do not program correctly, I would still be out the money for their programming attempt. Nope.

​​​​​
I don't like to mess with perfectly balanced tires either so just get new TPMS when you buy tires next. Get the OEM style Schrader for $32 each and find a dealer who charges 1/4 hour for a TPMS relearn. I like simple. And cheap.