View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 11:42 PM
wombrat
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Get rid of skreem / security altogether?

Well folks, I did it. Final solution:
I found a junked crossfire in a yard and swiped the ECU, SKREEM, and key. Got a big discount because a key was broken off in the ignition and the car had flood damage (no indication it got as high as the components I was after tho).

I had already wired up a push button start and toggle switches to bypass the ignition, so I didn't care at all about the donor ignition.

Wiring up the ignition bypass / push start replacement.

I unhooked the battery, swapped out the ECU and SKREEM, and modified my wiring slightly to allow for placement of the transponder ring around my starter button.

Hooked battery up, reprogrammed fob just to be safe, and vroom. Started right up.

Works like a champ. Cart starts and runs as normal. Just need to finish buttoning up.

Startup procedure:
  1. Unlock Doors, enter car.
  2. With fob in hand and near starter button, flip accessory switch on, then master ignition.
  3. Keeping fob near transponder ring, push starter button to start car.
  4. Slip fob in pocket / purse and away you go.
  5. Flip ignition and accessory switches off when parked.
Super easy to work with, and there's even a hidden starter kill switch for added security.

Total cost of repair: ~$200 (plus miscellaneous wiring stuff I mostly already had). Plus lots of my time, but I have no issue with giving my time to help someone in need.

Leftovers, anyone?