View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 08:04 AM
zip439
Received 188 Likes on 156 Posts
Default Re: Rear Sway bar brackets cracking

under coating completed

inside looking outboard

stabilizer/sway bar installed
Completed the sway bar installation and reinforcement. I used Rust-Oleum undercoating which dries hard and can be painted not the asphalt type that remains soft. In the inside view you can see where I welded the two new metal brackets together so the 1/4 inch piece can not slide rearward. I used a little silicone grease in the bracket bushing. The bushings come with the new H & R sway bar.
I couldn't find the two sway bars as a kit here in the states. However I know see tirerack does carry both bars. I bought from the "tunershop.com" online and they were shipped from Germany. I was told from ESC tuning that the H & R cup kit is no longer available, but I was able to purchase from the tunershop and again it shipped from Germany. The stabilizer bar and springs are H & R blue, shocks are black with a H & R decal. The shocks are gas, not gas/oil and look just like the OEM with the upper shield and bump already installed. They also come with the upper mounting rubber pieces for installation.