Old 01-16-2019, 05:34 PM
JohnGiaccio
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: spoiler up, no Speedometer, ABS, dash lights

I'm not sure if this is the "Mystery No Start" condition or not, but a few days ago my 2005 Limited Coupe with 25,148 miles had this same thing as descriped happen to me. I was stopped at a light, and when the light turned green and I went to proceed, the car was stuck in first gear. I immediately thought I had accidently knocked the shifter to manual first gear, but that was not the case. As I looked for a parking spot to pull into, I noticed all the dash lights were on. I mean every dash light you could think of and the gear indicator was blacked out. I also noticed my spoiler was deployed. I shut the car off and attempted to restart but there was nothing. Thanks to this forum and the great information that I have come to learn about our cars over the past 2 years, I had purchased a brand new RCM and kept it in the trunk. I disconected the battery and replaced the RCM and the car started right up and has had no problems since. I opened the old RCM but there were no signes of bad solder joints, so I ordered another new one from the Mercedes Benz warehouse. It should arrive by next week. I want to thank you - and you know who you are - for all the technical repair posts, it saved me last week. Take care all. Best wishes for the new year!