Old 01-20-2019, 09:49 AM
blackcrossfire07
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: spoiler up, no Speedometer, ABS, dash lights

Do you think this is the same exact problem I am having? I have owned my car 14 years with 61K miles now. I fixed all the common or known issues. The RCM is the only thing I didn't have to repair.

It started a few months ago. I keep my car in the garage with a battery tender. I go to start the car and spoiler pops up and dashboard goes nuts. No juice and the engine won't turn. I go and buy a new battery and put it in. The car turns but won't start up. Took 5 minutes of the car turning before it started.

I go to start it two weeks later and everything seems ok.

Two weeks after that I go to start the car and the engine turns but won't start. After a few minutes of trying the engine finally starts and the dashboard starts going crazy. Check engine light is on... etc. After a drive around the neighborhood all the dashboard lights turned off.

A few weeks later I start the car again (this was yesterday). I noticed I don't hear the fuel pump engage before I start the car so I turn key off and back on. Now I hear the fuel pump kick on. I start the car and spoiler pops up with the red light blinking on the button. The ABS light is on with the check engine light. The low brake pad light is on and a few others. Then I start to drive and notice the speedometer needle not working (the other needles are working fine).

Do you guys think it is the RCM? A few months ago when I started to experience these problems that was the first thought that ran through my mind. then I started thinking about bad fuel pumps, camshaft position sensor. It seems more like an electrical issue to me. I was about to give up and bring it to the dealership to have the codes read but i am wondering if I should start with the RCM and take it out myself. The symptoms seem to point to the RCM... do you agree?