View Single Post
Old 02-03-2019, 11:23 AM
onehundred80
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: C32 Brake upgrade

Originally Posted by DHS
UPDATE, drove it last night on the interstate had a shimmy from 50 to 85 then slowed down and got off the interstate because I was worried something might break! First thing this mourning changed to the hub centric 10mm spacer and just did a 90 mph run down the runway, steady as a rock! So our front tires need hub centric spacers the lug bolts will not center up the wheel, these were the thinnest I could find. Will look around for 5mm hub centric spacer, but under hard braking the tire did not touch the fender. Not sure about hard braking in a turn having clearance, but this car is lower up front.
So great braking with this set up, a SRT and NA can take the 345mm disk, and for the NA cars an easy upgrade for the rear!
Drive it like you stole it!
Dan
The thickness of hub centric spacers have to be as long as the land on the hub plus some to allow the wheel to sit on a strong face. The bore may have to be modified to clear the grease cap.
These wheels must sit on hub centric spacers, most are aware of this.
I personally am against the use of aluminum alloys for hub centric spacers. Sellers can dress up their ads with words like aircraft grade aluminum but it is still a cheap and easy to machine material giving savings to the manufacturer.