Old 02-08-2019, 03:49 PM
dedwards0323
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts
Default Re: Oyster Roadster with very rare Tuxedo Interior F/S

Originally Posted by andrew
~ cool color combo... but are those rims edges chewed up!
Yeah, I saw that. Looks like a tire installer was really careless (quite a few are) or the owner(s) were careless (and some are) . Any tire installer worth a damn will apply electrical tape (or some protective coating) to the area of the pry bar that comes in contact between the tire bead and the rim of alloy wheels. Reduces the likelihood of the tire removal and/or install process creating significant wear along the rim. I had a local shop call me several years back & tell me that one of the custom rims I bought for my oldest son's car was defective and had a major gouge along the rim. Fortunately, I had pictures from the eBay seller of each rim before he shipped & I had pictures of all rims after delivery. So I had proof that the rims were NIB condition and showed the shop foreman where the tire installer created the gouge during either tire removal or tire install by matching the gouge to the pry bar, which meant the tire installer was a damn liar. He got fired & shop had to buy me another rim. Told the shop foreman which eBay seller I bought rims from & told him to hurry his purchase as I did not know how many rims seller might still have. If they weren't able to get a matching rim, they would buy me an entire new set of my choosing. I really enjoyed myself that afternoon!!!

I think one of the rims looked to be okay - no signs of significant wear. Weird!

Last edited by dedwards0323; 02-08-2019 at 04:08 PM.