View Single Post
Old 08-20-2006, 09:39 AM
danimal
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: potential new owner

Originally Posted by dbyrd3130
was out looking at jeeps yesterday and came across 2 crossfires...both brand new '04's.
am finding myself enthralled with this car. if the deal goes thru, what should i do as far servicing? what i thought was an overdue mileage display now seems like an over-time issue? -520...both cars have probably been sitting for 2 years? i see a bunch of technical bulletins on the '04 as well...would these be addressed on a "complaint only" basis or should i expect the dealer to perform prior to delivery. have there been any recalls i should be aware of? spent most of last night and this morning reading several websites on these machines and i am quite impressed with owners love for their cars.

thank you,
don
Welcome Don. I would have the dealer do an oil change and reset the FSS before delivery. Experience tells most of us that they would probably just reset the FSS and tell you they changed the oil (never trust a dealer with this car). The TSBs will be complaint only so printing out a list of them would give you a good idea of problem areas to look out for. The only recall that I know of was for the cooling fan and I would ensure they take care of that before delivery as well. The car is great...finding a qualified dealer/mechanic is a nightmare. If you can do it yourself, you are much better off and there are plenty of how-to's here on the forum.