View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 02:54 AM
pop49
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Transmission issue

Hi Folks, have a bit of an issue with the tranny on my lovely convertible 6. She has done 147000 Kilometers and the other night while driving out doing about 30mph just dropped straight into neutral, ie still in drive but engine just revving. pulled onto the side and shifted through the box but still no joy. shut her down and started up again. no warning lights. found the gears and off again. got about 300 yards up the road and the same thing. tried to drop out of drive and use the side shift to change the gears but the dash indicator stayed in D. getting underneath their is traces of tranny oil but not much at all. tried a couple of times more and the same thing. Would engage for a while then just slip back in neutral. Engine check light came on and drove it to a friends garage and pulled codes P 2500, 2561,2562,220A, and 2560. These relate to the transmission. The next set were P2069 and 2066 which were stored in the ETC EGS control unit (P0730 and 0715. I added 1 litre of fluid in the tranny to get home ( some 40 miles in the counrty)On the trip back it done the same thing 5 times with the longest stretch being around 15 miles before it happened again. I have tried to buy the merc dipstick but there are none in the country and will take some 2 months.
Firstly can you give me the distances of the level marks on the dipstick so i can check the level correctly.
Secondly we have the same problems as you guys with no one wanting to work on these fabulous cars so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks heaps
Cheers
Paul